PFS Board Meeting Minutes September 7, 2017

PFS Board Meeting Minutes September 7, 2017

PFS Board Meeting Minutes September 7, 2017

Board Members Present: David Ingerson, Mary Ann Gilpatrick, John Kellermann, Dick Hamlet, Corinne McWilliams, Bill Moore, Brian Warner

Guest: Morris McClellan (Mo), PFS bookkeeper

David Ingerson called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm.

Last month's revised minutes reviewed and approved.

Reports

Treasurer

Brian presented a January - June Profit & Loss report that resolved a discrepancy in earlier reports that were based on different starting dates. A $4103 loss in unrestricted net assets was discovered but is not yet fully accounted for. Singtime accounting discussed, specifically the collapsing†of scholarship funds into retained earnings. It was agreed that we would NOT collapse these categories, as long as all deposits go directly into checking, with a note to Mo into which account it should be transferred. No direct deposits to specific accounts. Portland Folklore Society DBA (Doing Business As: Portland FolkMusic Society) will be renewed so that OnPoint can grant signature authority to Brian. Mo and board discussed need to charge hosted programs more for accounting expenses since their income pushed us over $50,000 income limit which requires a 1090EZ form to the Feds, which takes considerably more time, including CPA review. In addition state registrations (2), and†membership in Nonprofit Association of Oregon†cost more. We will also let our hosted partners know when and what we expect in the way of reporting. We are past due on our State DOJ CT12 report for 2016.† Concert accounting needs to include balance in cash box. Concert tally sheets should include that. David will send a copy of hosted program contracts to board.†

Singtime

Next year's expenses will be lower since we're renting fewer buildings. Everything is on track.

Concert Committee

David presented Concert Committee detail report. Only 2 new memberships signed up at concerts. Discussion of why deferred. John will ask Artichoke Music when they will have concerts at their new venue instead of at St David of Wales. Concert Committee has booked several concerts for this season that are not yet advertised. David missed their last meeting. Mary Ann suggested committee send reports to the board.

Membership

John is working on membership updates in preparation for survey and updated roster. Difficulty of reconciling updates in two databases discussed. Member/volunteer survey discussed. John will send survey to members promptly, as soon as board reviews possible subject lines.

Strawberry Social

John distributed report, event was a success, despite some difficulties.

Old Business

Letter to Lisa

Lisa Stiller wrote complaint to board, and said she didn't receive apology letter that was mailed at a time she was moving to a new address. David will re-send, with note that it was sent before.

Social media progress, Integrated communication strategy

David has password now for PFS Facebook account, but has not yet logged in. We have four accounts; 1 defunct. Concerts page has 422 likes, Singtime 162, Society page 391. David reported that Facebook charges fee for targeted promotions. We hope to get new volunteers to help with promotion.

Meeting adjourned at 9:05 pm.

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday October 26 at 7:00 PM at the home of Jody Neubert Kellermann, 3116 NE 58th Ave. Portland, 97213

Portland FolkMusic Society: Your Connection to FolkMusic in the Pacific Northwest!

Questions, comments about this page? Send e-mail to the Webmaster.